[MINC-users] Outputting overlay of co-registered MINC files directly to a file

Paul GRAVEL pgravel at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Jan 20 15:24:36 EST 2015

Dear All,

I am currently doing a bunch of co-registrations (PET to MR , and PET to
STX space) and I was wondering if there was an alternative to opening
register everytime to visually inspect the co-registration between the two
volumes, i.e. is it possible (does a tool exist?) to output the overlayed
volumes (for a few sllices only), as shown in the right-hand column of
register, directly to an image file (e.g. .png), without having to open
register? One could then scroll through the series of the overlaid slices
for a quality check, or put these images (while running a script) in a
quality assessment report.
I vaguely remember old tools/scripts (either do_mritopet or do_mritotal)
doing something similar.
Any ideas?
Best Regards,
Paul