[MINC-users] Isolated Spots in mincbeast masks?

Simon Eskildsen eskild at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 05:17:25 EST 2015

Hi Gabriel,

The -fill option simply performs a post-processing step where possible
holes in the mask are filled. Holes are in this context defined as
background objects completely surrounded by foreground object (the mask).

mincbeast always removes isolated mask components as a post-processing step
(irrespective of the -fill option). If the isolated mask components, which
can be seen in the sagittal view of your figure, are truly isolated in 3D,
then mincbeast has a bug. However, I suspect that these voxels are
connected to the main component in 3D.

Let me know if this is not the case and I can take a closer look at your
example.

Simon