[MINC-users] Install Emma on Mac (or a Shepp-logan (3D) minc file? :))

Pierre Bellec pierre.bellec at criugm.qc.ca
Fri Nov 28 09:31:17 EST 2014

Dear all,

A quick update on EMMA's replacement. The NIAK has a reader/writer that's
based on standard minc tools (i.e. mincheader, minctoraw, rawtominc, maybe
mincinfo as well). That works pretty well for MRI / fMRI data, but not for
all things minc.
nitrc.org/projects/niak

I started years ago a project called MOMINC that is based on native
matlab/octave netcdf/hdf5 library, which do not require the installation of
any binary and should support any MINC file (including, say, ultrasound).
I'd say the project is 80% complete, and I believe it is viable, but
unfortunately has been stalled for a while now, because it's not really a
priority (it would be better, but very close to what already exists and
works). Hopefully this project will finally get finished in the
not-so-distant future thanks to the coming recruitment of a developer in my
lab.
https://code.google.com/p/mominc/

Re integration of fmristat in NIAK, this has also been an on-going project
for years, with Felix Carbonnell. Very similar status/prospects as MOMINC.
Note that, upon completion, there will be a full pipeline for within-run,
within-subject, between-subject inferences, not just a port of fMRIstat
modules. Nothing usable at this time.

Finally, I don't think surfstat reads or writes 3D volumes, and from what
I've heard it's excellent as is. I also believe that Felix maintains it (I
don't know if he is planning to add features in the future though).

Pierre Bellec
http://simexp-lab.org/brainwiki/doku.php?id=pierrebellec
Telephone              (1) 514 713 5596
SIMEXP lab            http://simexp-lab.org