[MINC-users] Pydpiper: a pipelining toolkit for MINC

Miriam Friedel miriam.friedel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:48:27 EDT 2014

Hello all,

At the Mouse Imaging Centre, we've been working for the last few years on
developing a new toolkit for running image registration pipelines. While
improvements are ongoing, the core applications and underlying framework
are stable, so we wanted to share it with all of you.

Our goal with Pydpiper was to create a toolbox of classes and modules that
could be combined in different ways to create novel registration pipelines.
We've created four applications to begin (described in more detail in the
paper linked below), but we hope that others will contribute additional
applications as time goes on. In some sense, this is a toolkit for
non-developers. While we welcome contributions from seasoned programmers,
we hope that scientists with less coding experience will be able to put
together their own pipelines without much difficulty.

The github repository for Pydpiper is here. Fork it and have fun!
https://github.com/mfriedel/pydpiper

The paper we've written, which describes Pydpiper in more detail, is here:
http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fninf.2014.00067/abstract

Our wiki, with more information about how to use the toolkit and run it on
a virtual machine, is here:
https://wiki.mouseimaging.ca/display/MICePub/Pydpiper

We welcome your comments and feedback!

Miriam