[MINC-users] mincreshape segfault and general behavior

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 10:54:09 EDT 2013

Hi Soren,

>  I was hoping someone could explain the below mincreshape behavior.
> Basically I get segfaults for certain choices of dimsizes.
> When I leave Z unmodified, the file is written, but with padding.
> 1) I assume the segfault is a bug? (or am I feeding illegal input)

At a guess I'd say this is a problem that I've seen surface a few
times with particular combinations of HDF, netCDF and MINC2.x when
working on MINC1 files. Are the input files MINC1 or MINC2? If MINC1,
you should be able to get around this by running mincconvert on them.

> 3) Is it correctly understood that mincreshape does volume averaging for
> downsizing as opposed to mincreshape that will just use the specified
> interpolation method?

I take it you mean mincresample here?   If so then mincreshape does no
averaging or interpolating and mincresample does.