[MINC-users] MINC support in Brainstorm

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 09:07:21 EDT 2013

Hi Francois,

> For reading the nifti files, I'm using my own matlab-only function (attached
> here) that I wrote a few years ago. It's not supporting all the extensions
> of the nifti format, it reads only what we need in Brainstorm (volume, basic
> orientation of the cube, voxel size).

I would highly recommend you take a look at niftilib for reading
ANALYZE/Nifti files in your code.

   http://niftilib.sourceforge.net/

It has a MATLAB interface and is what nearly all the other packages
use to read them so at least you will be consistent in your
interpretation of the q and s-form transformations.

> I will try to use Pierre's code to get the information I need (voxel <=> world
> transformation).

While I'm not against others writing their own native MINC readers I'm
not for it. But then I also understand the pragmatic reasons as to why
people write them. We make every effort to not change the internal
MINC header structure but just be aware of things like slice intensity
scaling if you are writing your own reader that might disregard such
things.

Thanks