[MINC-users] Trouble installing RMINC

Jonathan DuBois jonathan.m.dubois at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 17:17:13 EDT 2013

Hi Minc Users,

I am having some trouble installing RMINC on my Mac. I followed the
direction here: https://github.com/mcvaneede/RMINC. The specific commands
and errors are below. Any help would be appreciated.

Alternatively, is there a minc function to export the values and
coordinates of a minc file to a csv or text file that could imported into
R, manipulated, and written back to a minc file?

######################
:/usr/local$ export R_LIBS=/usr/local/
:/usr/local$ sudo git clone https://github.com/mcvaneede/RMINC.git RMINC
:/usr/local$ cd RMINC
:/usr/local/RMINC$ ./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh: line 1: aclocal: command not found
./autogen.sh: line 2: autoconf: command not found
:/usr/local/RMINC$ cd ..
:/usr/local$ sudo R CMD INSTALL RMINC
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.0/Resources/library
--configure-args='--with-build-path=/usr/local/bic'
Warning: invalid package
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.0/Resources/library’
* installing to library
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.0/Resources/library’
* installing *source* package ‘RMINC’ ...
ERROR: a 'NAMESPACE' file is required
* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.0/Resources/library/RMINC’