[MINC-users] MINC 2.2.00 and changes to github.

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 22:05:06 EDT 2012

Hi all,

First MINC 2.2 has been released here:

   http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/tgz/minc-2.2.00.tar.gz

or if you are feeling like doing things the cool github way, here:

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI/minc/tarball/release-2.2.00

I have just spent a bit of time back in Montreal with Vlad Fonov and
Louis Collins.  One of the things that has long been discussed by the
MINC developers is split libminc from the current minc package to
allow easier integration into other packages such as ITK.

With this in mind, the existing github repository here:

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI/minc

Will no longer be updated by the primary minc developers. Vlad and I
have split MINC into two packages, libminc and minc-tools. You can
find them here:

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI/libminc

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI/minc-tools

These two repositories are then combined into Vlads MINC superbuild
package that will soon become the official MINC "all in one"
distribution. So thanks to Vlad for all his hard work on this.

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI/minc-toolkit

For those who are interested we are currently working on a build of
libminc that does not depend upon netCDF for the purposes of ITk
integration. This is a branch of libminc called minc-lite and the work
in progress can be found here:

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI/libminc/tree/minc_lite

There will be more updates on this soon but for now minc_lite should
be considered highly experimental and not for use in anything you
would like to trust.

The 2.2.00 release of MINC at the start of this email should be
considered the current stable release.

Thanks