[MINC-users] mincaverage -avgdim result header

Vladimir S. FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 09:26:04 EDT 2012

Hello,

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Peter Neelin <peter.neelin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, they are. The idea of building on a generalized data format was that
> it could be extended. Minc is really just a convention for using netcdf
> along with libraries for imaging stuff and utility programs. Minc is not an
> abstraction layer that hides netcdf. The expectation is that if you are
> going to code at the netcdf level (core minc libraries and anything that
> talks about dimensions and variables, like mincinfo) you should understand
> basic netcdf. It's not really documented in minc because it's documented in
> netcdf.

This just blew my brain...

1. what about minc2 - does one have to use HDF5 calls to work with it ?

2. practical observation - most minc users don't  care/read minc API
documentation. For them it is just another file format, like nifti or
nrrd. Most of the high-level perl code that I've seen uses system
calls to minc tools to work with the files. Does it mean that this is
incorrect approach?

--
Best regards,