[MINC-users] Compute distance map from BIC .obj file

Simon Eskildsen eskild at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:54:20 EDT 2012

Hi Ulrik,

You can use scan_object_to_volume from conglomerate and mincchamfer to
get a distance map. Of course the precision will be limited to the
voxel sizes and you will not get a signed distance. By signed you mean
inside / outside the object, right? If the object is closed you'll be
able to generate the sign with surface_mask2, also from conglomerate.

Simon