[MINC-users] dcm2mnc bug (?)

Alex Zijdenbos zijdenbos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 07:14:42 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I am having trouble converting some PET DICOM data to MINC. Using this ancient version dcm2mnc:

program: 2.0.06 built Dec 19 2006 17:56:04
libminc: 1.5
netcdf : 3.6.1 of Dec 19 2006 17:53:57 $

I obtain a "good" (4D) MINC volume; however, with any more recent version of dcm2mnc the resulting MINC volume has no time dimension and seems to store only one frame - my impression is that the time series is simply collapsed. When run with -debug, it does at some point report "Time axis length 4", but still does not generate a time dimension in the output file.

I have placed this DICOM set here:

ADNI_PET_DICOM.tar.gz (http://cl.ly/023e0P3E3T2T2I3G1f30)

Thanks,

-- Alex