[MINC-users] Does unc2mnc do left-right flip?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 09:13:59 EST 2012

Hi Kie Woo,

> I have a question about the "unc2mnc" script (for converting UNC images to MINC images; downloadable from https://sites.google.com/site/ajanke/unc2mnc-1.0.tar.gz).
>
> Could someone please let me know whether it flips the image during conversion (i.e. left of UNC image becomes right of MNC image?)?

I just had a quick look through the code (its been a long time since I
wrote that!) and there is nothing specific in there to flip the data.

That said, remember that the convention in MINC viewers is
neurological orientation. Data also is stored according to a
coordinate system and not in a specific orientation.  I am unsure of
the conventions of UNC and the conventions of your particular viewer
so like all things in the conversion game you'd be best off to check
your conversion with a Phantom.

good luck!