[MINC-users] Maximum intensity projection

Peter Neelin peter.neelin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 00:56:29 EDT 2012

On Jun 13, 2012 10:02 PM, "Andrew Janke" <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9 June 2012 01:36, francois hebert <francois.hebert007 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I would like to do a Maximum Intensity Projection in each orthogonal
axis.
> > Is there such tool in the minc library?
>
> I know I'm late to party but for the dinosaurs amongst us who don't
> always play with the new toys you could do this using the basic MINC
> commands like this (via a perl script):
> [fancy perl script deleted]
> &do_cmd('mincmath', '-clobber', '-max', @files, @ARGV[1]);
>
> I will admit that doing this in pyminc is whole lot easier!

Wouldn't a -dimension option to mincmath do the same thing but in one line?
I haven't tested it, so I'm not sure if it will allow accumulating the
maximum over image dimensions (the original question was for all 3
orthogonal projections). If it does not, then a mincreshape to re-order the
dimensions and a mincmath -dimension should do the trick for the other 2
dimensions.

Peter
--
Peter Neelin