[MINC-users] cannot open shared object file

Tanweer Rashid trash001 at odu.edu
Fri Jun 1 19:31:25 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I installed minc2 and bicpl, followed by the Display and register programs,
but when I try to run either Display or register, I get the following error
message, respectively:

Display: error while loading shared libraries: libvolume_io2.so.1: cannot
register: error while loading shared libraries: libvolume_io2.so.1: cannot

Any ideas on why I am getting these errors? I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
I checked and I see that the I already have the libraries libminc2,
libvolume_io2 and libbicpl in the directory /usr/local/lib
The Display and register programs are in /usr/local/bin

Thanks,
--
Tanweer Rashid
MSVE Dept.