[MINC-users] Getting max and min in a sphere centered at each voxel

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 17:53:36 EDT 2012

mincmorph will also do this but only behaves well for small
structuring elements (up to 5x5). Beyond that it's a tad slow.

You should be able to get a rough hack at what you want with something
like this for a 3x3x3 structuring element to start with:

   mincmorph -3D26 -erode in.mnc max.mnc
   mincmorph -3D26 -dilate in.mnc min.mnc

This should then get what you want across the whole volume in min.mnc
and max.mnc.