[MINC-users] Official Installation Instructions

Vladimir S. FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:14:46 EDT 2012

Hello,

On 7/5/2012 7:56 AM, Andrew Janke wrote:
> So, that said. I think we need to set some sort of process/rules on
> how such releases are made. Especially if newer releases of this
> depart from old behaviour, I for one am very much against hidden
> changes in analysis behaviour (N3 ->  N4) that will change peoples
> results.

The N3 is still part of minc-toolkit package, but now you also have N4
as part of Conver3D binary and a tool from ANTS. What I have really
changed is the standard_pipeline.pl script used in the test suite.

The reason for this change is that N3 does not produce consistent
results on different platforms (i.e Debian 6 vs Ubuntu 11.04), so
analysis behaviour is actually not the same if you use N3 compiled with
different compilers.

--
Best regards,

  Vladimir.FONOV <at> gmail <dot> com