[MINC-users] mincpik error

Mishkin Derakhshan mishkind at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 14:21:41 EST 2012

Hi,

In the latest version of mincpik (minc-2.1.01), and possibly in older
versions I get the following error:

Can't use string ("0") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at
./mincpik line 435.

I can get rid of the error by changing the offending code from:

   # get range if not defined
   if(!defined(@{$opt{'image_range'}[0]})){
      print STDERR "Getting image range\n" if $opt{'verbose'};

to this:
   # get range if not defined
   my @image_range_array = $opt{'image_range'};
   if(!defined($image_range_array[0])){
      print STDERR "Getting image range\n" if $opt{'verbose'};

I'm afraid the underlying cause as to why strict is complaining about
the way the code is referencing the array is beyond my perl-fu.

The error could be specific to the odd invocation I am using just to
get an anot_bar?
mincpik -lookup '-spectral' -anot_bar lbar.png -image_range 0 0
icbm_avg_152_t1_tal_lin.mnc.gz input.png -clobber

hth,
mishkin