[MINC-users] dcm2mnc and (ir)regular spacing?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 11:09:06 EST 2012

Hi Alex,

On 7 January 2012 00:17, Alex Zijdenbos <zijdenbos at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a bit puzzled by this MINC header:
>
> minc.hdr (http://cl.ly/1D0x0a3x002Y0w2O242U)
>
> specifically w/respect to the spacing along the time dimension. Towards the bottom of the header there is info for the time dimension; however, the time:spacing attribute is "regular". Shouldn't the time:spacing attribute be "irregular", given that the spacing is in fact not regular?

My read of your header has time at a pretty constant 4s? Steps also
can be ever so slightly different, currently defined here as 0.005:

   https://github.com/andrewjanke/minc/blob/master/conversion/dcm2mnc/dicom_to_minc.h#L106

And a dimension will still be called regular. The logic for this is here:

   https://github.com/andrewjanke/minc/blob/master/conversion/dcm2mnc/minc_file.c#L182