[MINC-users] How to write header information with the MINC2 API

Soren Christensen sorench at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 02:25:35 EST 2012

Happy New Years first of all!

I am trying to write some attributes to a MINC2 file using the C API (using
miset_attr_values).
The problem is I am not able to get my variable at the correct position in
the hierarchy.

I would like to write a variable, attribute pair so that it appears as such
when I use mincheader. My understanding is that I should put the variables
in this path:
miset_attr_values( volume , MI_TYPE_STRING, "/minc-2.0/info", "myvar",
1,"L");
but this gives me an error.

I can create an arbitrary group and put the variable there, but that wont
be listed as a standard variable using mincheader or mincinfo.

How do I put in a variable so that it can be queried using the usual
mincinfo -attvalue [varname]:[attname] ?

Cheers
Soren