[MINC-users] making slices using mincreshape

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 22:42:51 EST 2012

Hi Lisa,

> Is there an option in mnc2nii to preserve the original intensity range when
> converting from MINC to NIFTI (or ANALYZE)?
> When I try to convert a MINC file that has a range of 0-100 (according to
> mincinfo) to NIFTI, I am getting a NIFTI while with a mere range of 0-2.

MINC to "Nifti" conversion is generally fraught with danger if you
want to maintain exact ranges as the differing tools out there that
support Nifti do range conversion differently. Meaning if you find a
method that works for one thing it doesn't mean it'll work elsewhere
for other tools. (SPM, FSL, etc).

The best advice I can give here is to sacrifice some disk space and
convert your files as float.

   mnc2nii -float in.mnc out.nii