[MINC-users] Registering 3T MRI to stereotaxic space

Claude LEPAGE claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Dec 12 18:02:28 EST 2012

Paul,

I also have a new improved best bestlinreg script. :-) I gave a copy
of it to Vlad too.

To some, it may sound counter intuitive, but I'm now using -nmi
(normalized mutual information) for linear registration. It is
much more robust than xcorr and rather insensitive to variations
in intensities if N3 is not performed a priori.  A mask is no
longer necessary for linear registration, although cropping the
neck usually helps.

Claude