[MINC-users] Using MINC in virtual machine

Donghyeon Kim danielkim at gist.ac.kr
Sun Dec 2 21:26:49 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

My name is Donghyeon Kim and Phd student in GIST. 4 month ago, I learned
how to use minc toolbox in montreal, and now I'm already using it.
Because of few problem in our lab, I'm using windows. Thus i installed
minc toolbox in virtual machine(ubuntu 12.04 64x). However, in
virtual machine, I cannot run register and display; it occurs error
"segmantation fault". may be it is about openGL problem. So now, I'm using
MINCbuntu in packages.bic.mn.mcgill.ca and it doesn't have any problem
to run display and register. But MINCbuntu is ubuntu 8.04 and it is
32bit. I want to use ubuntu 10.04 or 12.04 64bit using virtual machine.
So my question is how can i set minctoolbox in virtualmachine (ubuntu 10.04 or 12.04 64bit) to run display and register properly?

Thank you
Donghyeon

            DONGHYEON KIM, PhD Student

            Dept. of Info. & Comm., Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology(GIST)

            261 Cheomdan-gwagiro, Buk-gu, Gwangju 500-712, South Korea

            Tel: +82-62-715-2266 Cell: +82-10-9361-3781

            E-mail: danielkim at gist.ac.kr URL: http://biocomput.gist.ac.kr