[MINC-users] using pyminc to convert a philips/ugm file

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 20:52:59 EDT 2011

Hi Graeme,

On 14 September 2011 21:25, Graeme O'Keefe
<graeme.okeefe at petnm.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> I'm trying to use pyminc to convert a dynamic PET scan in Philips format (UGM) to minc2.
>
> The time-step is not constant.
>
> Would anyone be able to tell me how I would save a "tspace" vector containing the times of each frame using volumeFromDescription?

I can't answer for pyminc but see you don't have an answer yet the
pyminc types so in the meantime this might work for you as a hack
solution via a system() call. From the command line you would do this:

   mincinfo -varvalue time out.mnc

This will return a newline separated vector, providing that

   mincinfo -attvalue time:spacing out.mnc

returns 'irregular'.