[MINC-users] brain-view

Mishkin Derakhshan mishkind at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:43:18 EDT 2011

Thank you all for the suggestions.

1. Andrew, you're binary in /beta/ did not work at first. Could not
find libvolume_io.so.1. The reason is that my minc build is all static
so I only had .a files. A little google magic later and i created the
shared object. I had to do the same for libminc2.so.1, but so far it
is working, so ugly hacks aside, problem solved.

ar -x libvolume_io2.a
gcc -shared *.o -o libvolume_io2.so.1
sudo cp libvolume_io2.so.1 /usr/lib/

2. For fun (haha) I tried compiling brain-view2 from source, but ran
into this error:
qmake-qt4 MINCDIR=/opt/minc/ QUARTERDIR=/usr/local/include/Quarter/
brain-view2.pro
make
textureColumn.h:6:30: fatal error: mniVertstatsFile.h: No such file or directory

Looks like I'm missing mniVerstatsFile.h, which I think is part of
oobic, so i tried to compile that but I can't figure out where to get
the arguments library from:

./configure --prefix=/opt/minc --with-build-path=/opt/minc
--with-minc2 --with-x --with-static
checking for -larguments... configure: error: cannot find arguments library

Any idea where the arguments comes from?

Andrew, from your magic line I had to change libsoqt3-dev to
libsoqt4-dev and i also had no candidate for libmni-perllib-perl, but
i managed to just install the .deb from the
http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ubuntu-maverick/libmni-perllib-perl_0.08-1_all.deb.

mishkin