[MINC-users] minctracc and mincresample question

andrewkrause at ucla.edu andrewkrause at ucla.edu
Tue Oct 4 14:52:18 EDT 2011

Hello,

There's a lot of file conversion happening in the original workflow,
so I thought it might be something like that. We received DICOM files
from the scanner, converted them to Analyze format, skull-stripped,
then converted them into MNC and registered with those files.

Here's what mincinfo gives on the skull-stripped version before registration:

image: unsigned short 0 to 65535
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
     dimension name         length     step     start
     --------------         ------     ----     -----
     zspace                    256        1         0
     yspace                    224        1         0
     xspace                    192        1         0

and after registration:

image: unsigned short 0 to 65535
image dimensions: yspace zspace xspace
     dimension name         length     step     start
     --------------         ------     ----     -----
     yspace                    230        1      -130
     zspace                    230        1       -92
     xspace                    230        1      -109

Here's mincinfo on the non-skull-stripped version before registration:

image: unsigned short 0 to 65535
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
     dimension name         length     step     start
     --------------         ------     ----     -----
     zspace                    256        1         0
     yspace                    224        1         0
     xspace                    192        1         0

and after registration (using the skull-stripped xfm file):

image: unsigned short 0 to 65535
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
     dimension name         length     step     start
     zspace                    181        1       -72
     yspace                    217        1      -126
     xspace                    181        1       -90

-- Andrew