[MINC-users] minctracc and mincresample question

andrewkrause at ucla.edu andrewkrause at ucla.edu
Mon Oct 3 14:18:55 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

We've been using minctracc and mincresample to register skull-stripped
images as part of our workflow, but we recently found out that
registration might work better using the whole image before
skullstripping. I was hoping to save some work by registering the
images with the skull on using minctracc, and then take the xfm output
file from that and apply it to the skull-stripped versions with
mincresample. However, when I do that, I end up with blank registered
images. Looking at the matrices in the xfm files of the registered
with skull on and registered with skull off images, I noticed that the
first three columns are fairly similar but the last column is very
different. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it's not working? I
can post the script I wrote to do this if it helps.

Thanks,
Andrew