[MINC-users] [MINC-development] GLUT colours

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 08:24:17 EDT 2011

> It seems that Display 1.4.x is not affected by this issue. The
> differences with Display 1.5.x are mainly in the file
> Graphics/GLUT_windows/glut_windows.c.
>
> It looks like that v1.4.x was aware of this bug and found a hackish way
> to go around it. In particular, it includes its own freeglut_std.h and
> glut.h.
>
> Display 1.5.x does the things properly but then relies on a correct
> implementation of GLUT in the drivers.
>
> Is there any significant feature or improvement from Display 1.4.x to
> 1.5.x?

Nope, no feature changes. These changes (ironically) were to solve
other problems with colourmap issues when using Display/register
remotely....  Meaning if we change it back GLUT will start breaking in
other places for others. Odds are there is no one combination that
will work for everyone so we might have to go down the heady path of a
few more C/L switches (register {-rgb,-mac,-lut} ...) to keep everyone
happy.