[MINC-users] build almost everything minc Makefile and git repository for EZminc

Giovanna Pellecchia giovanna_p at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:40:53 EDT 2011

Keaser, Michael L wrote:
> I'm wondering if the error message that i get when trying to use register
>
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
>
>> freeglut (no_program_name): OpenGL GLX extension not supported by display ':0.0'
>>

> has something to do with the video card on my server. This the output that i get when i type "sudo lspci | grep VGA"
>
> 06:03.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G200eW WPCM450 (rev 0a)
>
> Maybe this is causing the conflict? Reading online it seems that glx extension requires a NVIDIA card, and my server only has a VGA? Could that be the problem? Anybody else experience this issue?

My understanding is that NVIDIA provides its own glx extension during
the driver installation:

locate nvidia | grep glx
/usr/lib/nvidia/libglx.so.xserver-xorg-core

(on a PC with Nvidia card), but the generic libglx should work for other
cards. I do not have experience with Matrox, but ATI didn't give
problems during installation. Sorry if this doesn't help much...

GP