[MINC-users] compiling minc tools on ubuntu 10.10

Pierre Bellec pierre.bellec at criugm.qc.ca
Sat Mar 12 14:53:43 EST 2011

Dear minc-users,

I just wanted to share my experience compiling the minc tools on ubuntu
10.10 using Vlad's "big make" file. Overall, it works beatifully ! great
job. As there are no mincbundle available for 32 bits, I dived in the
compilation and only ran into a couple errors. First, the script is not
creating a couple of necessary folders. Second, there are a list of
requirement packages that I didn't have. Rather than reporting all of that
here, I took the liberty of editing the MINC wikibook section on "Installing
from sources" :
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MINC/Tutorials/SourceInstall

<http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MINC/Tutorials/SourceInstall>I moved the
section Vlad wrote in the main installation section there. For those who
know about it, please review the dependency section, because I may have
installed too much stuff just in case (I am not sure for libxi-dev for
example, also the wiki intially mentioned that g++ is necessary only for old
N3, yet I needed it to compile 1.12.0 which seems to be the latest). Also, I
had to play a bit with the configuration of environment variables (PERL libs
weren't found following the wiki book tutorial). Please review that as well
here :
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MINC/Tutorials/AddingPaths

<http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MINC/Tutorials/AddingPaths>Don't hesitate if
you have any suggestion/comment. Cheers,

Pierre Bellec, PhD
Chercheur adjoint
Centre de recherche de l'institut de Gériatrie de Montréal
Département d'informatique et de recherche opérationnelle
Université de Montréal
http://simexp-lab.org/brainwiki/doku.php?id=pierrebellec
(001)(514) 340 3540 #3367