[MINC-users] mincaverage error

Lisa F. Akiyama lrisa87 at uw.edu
Tue Mar 8 13:26:07 EST 2011

Hi Alex,

Yes, I used mincnorm for intensity normalization (normalized each file to
have a range of 0-100, which Fonov's template had) prior to
testing mincaverage.

 but have you tried the

same thing with mincmath? In other words, does mincmath give the same

error when you add them all up in one call? (mincmath -float -add

<file1.mnc> <file2.mnc> <sum.mnc>)

I tried that prior to adding each file one by one and dividing the sum image
by N, but got the same usual error.
I re-tried this using your suggested command with resampled images
(ran  mincresample
with '-like icbm_template_1.00mm.mnc'), but still got the same error...

I think my best bet for now would be to add images one by one, using the
float output type (which I didn't specify yesterday - I will re-run it),
and dividing it by N all using mincmath.

Thanks for all your explanations, tips, and suggestions.

Best,
Lisa