[MINC-users] mincaverage error

Claude LEPAGE claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sat Mar 5 23:45:08 EST 2011

Hi,

I thought about the resampling issue too, as suggested by Alex,
but after doing a mincaverage -help:

 -check_dimensions:      Check that dimension info matches across files (default).
 -nocheck_dimensions:    Do not check dimension info.

It seems that the default is to check dimensions! Maybe the check
is wrong...

Lisa, since you don't get an error when averaging images from the
same site, can you keep adding more images from the same site?
For example, S1+S2+...+SN+S1+S2+... Does adding more images make
it blow up? I want you to repeat images of the same site, not mixed
sites.

mincinfo and mincheader will give you information about the orientation
of the images. Watch for +ve vs -ve steps, voxel sizes, start coords,
direction cosines, storage format. Alex's suggestion to resample
like a template file makes a lot of sense.

When you manage to obtain an output, does it make sense when you
look at it in register/Display?

Claude