[MINC-users] mincaverage error

Claude LEPAGE claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sat Mar 5 11:37:06 EST 2011

Andrew,

> I think this bug might be related to one I have seen as of late (only
> on Ubuntu Maverick and the latest Debian release). In combination with
> various phases of the moon you get this self same error. Even
> something as simple as changing the input files order can make it go
> away. I have noticed it more with register than anything else but
> still haven't seen anything all that consistent yet to track it down.
> :(

That's the Coriolis force effect. Why don't you try to run your
job on a computer in the northern hemisphere?

Lisa: if you can systematically reproduce your bug, then that would
be a starting point for us to debug the code. Have you tested mincaverage
on a different number of input files, like 2,3,4,..? Just for fun, set
the shell environment variable VOLUME_CACHE_THRESHOLD=-1. Caching should
have been disabled in minc 2.1.00, but just in case.

Claude