[MINC-users] mincbundle installation probllems with Ubuntu 10.04

Vladimir S. FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 14:54:31 EST 2011

Hello,

you just need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/bic/lib, no
need to create symbolic links. i.e

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/bic/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Also, Display package is broken - it is empty.

i.e

$ dpkg -L display
/.
/usr
/usr/local
/usr/local/bic
/usr/local/bic/bin

George Stoynev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> run "sudo apt-get install display", then repeat "sudo apt-get install
> mincbundle". Once this is installed, create symlink "cd /usr/local/bic/lib
> && ln -s libvolume_io2.so.1.1.2 libvolume_io2.so.1", if not made by the
> installer.
>
> Cheers,
> ---
> George Stoynev
>

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Keaser, Michael L <MKeaser at umaryland.edu>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm having trouble installing the mincbundle package on Ubuntu 10.04.
>>
>> I added this line:
>>
>> deb http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ubuntu-lucid ./
>>
>> to my /etc/apt/source.list file. I typed "sudo apt-get update", and
>>
>> However, when  i typed "sudo apt-get install mincbundle", I received the
>> following message:
>>
>> pkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mincbundle:
>>  mincbundle depends on display; however:
>>  Package display is not installed.
>> dpkg: error processing mincbundle (--configure):
>>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>> No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup
>> error from a previous failure.
>>                          Errors were encountered while processing:
>>  display
>>  mincbundle
>> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>>
>> I then tried to install the display package with the update manager of
>> Ubuntu, and then I received this message:
>>
>> "You have 1 broken package on your system"
>>
>> I then install the display package, and place the /usr/local/bic/bin
>> directory in the path file to call different commands. However, when i type
>> a command like "volperf", I receive this message:
>>
>> volperf: error while loading shared libraries: libvolume_io2.so.1: cannot
>> open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> So, I'm not exactly sure what is going on here. Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Michael

Best regards,
  Vladimir S. FONOV ~ v.s.fonov  <at> ilmarin.info