[MINC-users] mincbundle installation probllems with Ubuntu 10.04

Keaser, Michael L MKeaser at umaryland.edu
Wed Mar 2 19:00:18 EST 2011

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing the mincbundle package on Ubuntu 10.04.

I added this line:

deb http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ubuntu-lucid ./

to my /etc/apt/source.list file. I typed "sudo apt-get update", and

However, when  i typed "sudo apt-get install mincbundle", I received the following message:

pkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mincbundle:
 mincbundle depends on display; however:
  Package display is not installed.
dpkg: error processing mincbundle (--configure):
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
 display
 mincbundle

I then tried to install the display package with the update manager of Ubuntu, and then I received this message:

"You have 1 broken package on your system"

I then install the display package, and place the /usr/local/bic/bin directory in the path file to call different commands. However, when i type a command like "volperf", I receive this message:

volperf: error while loading shared libraries: libvolume_io2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So, I'm not exactly sure what is going on here. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael