[MINC-users] Atlas coregistration using minctools

Aaryani Tipirneni atipirne at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 8 13:59:29 EDT 2011

Hi all,

 I'm working on affine coregistering of the 3D data to the atlas. Sometimes using just mritotal works fine but sometimes it is failing. Can anyone suggest more robust ways of coregistering using minc tools.

 I have one more question regarding affine registration; I performed affine registration to two data sets (at two different time points) of same subject to the atlas and they seemed to coregister well. But if I remove the scaling (setting scaling in xfm2param to 1) to the 2 data sets to avoid zoom -in/out, do you still expect them to coregister well? I see subtle differences in the coregistration as each data set is coregistered independently to the atlas and depends on their transformation matrices (combination of translation, rotation, scaling, shear).

Please help if you have any ideas!

Thanks for your time,
Aaryani