[MINC-users] minc "make check" error -- not just a Snow Leopard problem

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 24 15:32:05 EST 2011

Hi Peter and List,

   Peter, I think you might be onto something here.  The ldd
equivalent is called otool, and I've taken a look. The latest version
that I built with Claude links hdf5 and netcdf as dynamic -- all other
libs are statically linked into the executable (minc, volume_io).  In
the previous build, we had a very different configuration:
dynamic=(volume_io, minc2, hdf5), all the rest linked as static
(including netcdf). Apple seems to prefer linking dynamically, if it
can find a dynamic lib, else it grabs the static.

What would be the suggested optimal linking? hdf5 and netcdf dynamic
and all of the mincy libs linked statically with the executable.  BTW,
running "make check" with the latest library configuration seems to
given me a different error. Progress?

-jim