[MINC-users] Building minc under Snow Leopard

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Feb 15 14:28:40 EST 2011

Hi minc-users,

   I'm encountering a weird problem building the current minc under
OSX 10.6.6. Briefly, I build:

(1) hdf5-1.8.5 (make check is OK)
(2) netcdf-3.6.3 (make check is OK)
(3) minc 2.1.00

 The minc build is without error, but when I "make check" I get an
immediate error in ../volume_io/Testing/check_xfm.sh. Looking at the
program (test-xfm), I note all is working OK, but upon reaching the
final "return 0", control returns back to the top of main(), and
starts again, suggesting ... stack corruption? ... I dunno.

  Additionally, if I do a "file test-xfm" I get:
"test-xfm: POSIX shell script text executable"

  I get the same response for all minc executables. Doing this for,
for example, a netcdf executable, I get a more expected result:
file /usr/local/bic/bin/ncgen --> "/usr/local/bic/bin/ncgen: Mach-O
64-bit executable x86_64"

  So, something is seriously wrong with my minc build. Ideas?

-jim

--
Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.