[MINC-users] The future of MINC

Luis Concha lconcha at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:36:43 EST 2011

Hello all. Very interesting discussion regarding the future of MINC. I would
like to support Giovanna's comments regarding the end-users. As I see it,
you have this opportunity to improve MINC, but it should happen at two
different levels: (i) development issues, which have already been addressed
in previous posts, but, importantly, (ii) usability. Granted, minc users
tend to not be black-box users, but they are not necessarily programmers.

With notable exceptions, the minc tools are seen as obscure outside of the
BIC, which is a shame, given how fantastic they are. When someone tells me
this, I always feel sorry for them, because they are truly missing out. But
I also do not blame them; minc tools are obscure, indeed. I will not repeat
what Giovanna said, but will only urge you to consider making improvements
beyond the development level.

worth 1/2 cent.

Luis