[MINC-users] mincaverage bug

Alex Zijdenbos zijdenbos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:42:30 EST 2011

Hello all,

I just stumbled across a bug in mincaverage. If you try to average a
list of volumes that have a small range for the data type (e.g., byte
0-3), the average (correctly) inherits that data type- and range. But
obviously a 4-valued average is hardly useful; so I thought the output
type options would come to the rescue. Alas, they only seem to affect
the sd volume, not the average. In other words, running something like
this:

   mincaverage -short -range 0 1000 in1.mnc in2.mnc avg.mnc -sdfile sd.mnc

will give sd.mnc a short type and the advertised range; but not avg.mnc.

-- A