[MINC-users] best_nonlin_reg.pl ?

Lisa F. Akiyama lrisa87 at uw.edu
Fri Apr 8 19:28:40 EDT 2011

Another question on making average models....

I've been creating several preliminary models using different configurations
and methods.
The MNI average brain models for both adults and pediatrics are all straight
in every direction.
However, I look at my resulting models, some of them are a tad tilted in one
or more directions. Going back and checking closely the individuals' scans
that were coregistered (linear 9 parameter registration) to a standard
template,
I find that a few of the coregistered images are slightly tilted. I suspect
that this is why the resulting average model is slightly tilted as well.
Is this a common issue faced when coregistering each individual to a
standard template and creating a model? If so, what are some of the common
ways of fixing them so that the resulting average model will be straight in
every direction and still keeping
the proper MNI space?

Thank you.

Best,