[MINC-users] mincresample of negative zsteps

Soren Christensen sorench at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 23:10:39 EDT 2010

Hi,
 I have trouble understanding why I get a positive zstep when
resampling like a file with a negative zstep:

file: template.mnc
image: unsigned short 0 to 65535
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
    dimension name         length         step        start
    --------------         ------         ----        -----
    zspace                     28           -5         -149
    yspace                    512     -0.46875            0
    xspace                    512     -0.46875            0

file: to_be_resampled.mnc
image: unsigned byte 0 to 255
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
    dimension name         length         step        start
    --------------         ------         ----        -----
    zspace                     28           -5         -149
    yspace                    512     -0.46875            0
    xspace                    512     -0.46875            0

mincresample  -like template.mnc to_be_resampled.mnc test.mnc
Transforming slices:............................Done
mincinfo test.mnc
file: test.mnc
image: unsigned byte 0 to 255
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
    dimension name         length         step        start
    zspace                     28            5         -149
    yspace                    512     -0.46875            0
    xspace                    512     -0.46875            0

The effect of this seems to be that the resampling is done outside of
the volume of to_be_resampled.mnc and I get an empty image as result.

Can anyone see what is happening?
Thanks,
Soren