[MINC-users] mincblur and single slices

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon May 17 12:19:54 EDT 2010

Hi Alex,

> I have also seen such wraparound effects appear as a function of image
> dimensions (regardless of data type). So from what I can tell mincblur
> is broken when it comes to dealing with single-slice data; but broken
> in a somewhat unpredictable way because in certain circumstances it
> will actually do the right thing (as in the 'byte' example I gave).
> Padding the image with a slice above and below will make the problem
> from this example go away; but again, I am not sure how the failures
> depend on the number of slices added.

Louis wrote mincblur and used an FFT to do the blurring, thus there is
a fair bit of dimension re-ordering going on before and after the
blur. From my looking in the code of mincblur regarding this I suspect
there is a hardcoded dimension name going wrong somewhere in
pathological cases. Especially if these are MINC 2 files and apparent
dimension ordering is being used...

Would this match your experience or is this happening with older
netcdf based MINC files also?

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)