[MINC-users] crash related to a long history

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon May 3 22:35:29 EDT 2010

Hi Pierre,

> I just ran into the following bug when trying to run the Feb-14-2008
> quarantine of CIVET on a T1 minc volume. NU_CORRECT crashed with the
> following error :
> spawn: exec of minc_modify_header failed: Liste d'arguments trop longue
>
> I cleared the history by doing :
> $ minc_modify_header -sinsert :history='' subject_20091005_151045_16_mri.mnc
> and that solved the problem. Voila.

Certainly this has been a problem with nu_correct in the past and you
are right, the only (easy) solution is to reduce the size of the
header. As I remember it is to do with how N3 sets up its output file
via "templating" the original MINC file. Mind you dcm2mnc is known for
making rather enormous headers...  I too have hit the same problem but
attack it with this:

   http://mavis.anu.edu.au/scripts/minc_de-dicomerise

So instead of the "scorched earth" approach this (attempts to) just
remove the dicom parts of a header.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)