[MINC-users] ray_trace issue!

Mishkin Derakhshan mishkind at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:47:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

Lasse, did you ever find a workaround for this problem? I too am
having difficulties with the planes not being exactly the same. The
result is that ray_trace only renders about half of the object as the
other half falls just out of plane.

Ex:
make_slice T1.mnc.gz slice.obj z w 55
plane_polygon_intersect lh.pial.obj lh.pial.lines.obj  z 55
set_object_colour lh.pial.lines.obj lh.pial.green.obj green
ray_trace -output ex14.rgb -nolight lh.pial.green.obj -gray 0 200
T1.mnc.gz 0 1 slice.obj -bg white -top

screenshot of output:
http://imgur.com/CK27d.png

Are David MacDonald's instructions #14 still the best approach, and
what other people are using?
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/users/david/Ray_trace/ray_trace_tutorial.html#Ex14

As a follow up, I am trying to render two objects on the same plane.
Has anyone done this before?

thanks,
mishkin