[MINC-users] minc 1 installation

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 18:58:42 EST 2010

Hi Parya,

> 1) I use Ubuntu at work, and I wanted to have the same system at home. And also, I am not that comfortable with Xtool Debugger for C++ code development, and eclipse which is much easier to work with has so many bugs on Mac.
> 2) I have partitioned the disk space to dual boot Ubuntu and Mac OS x.
> 3) I want to have minc-1 libraries. For minc2, I have used the pre-built minc package. And also when I try to to install minc package using Synaptic package manager, I 'll get the message saying:
> Depends: netcdf which is not installable.

Which versions of minc are you using?  I just downloaded the last minc
1.x release (1.5.1) and built it successfully on Ubuntu Karmic Koala
(9.10).

harold:minc-1.5.1$ ./mincmath -version
program: 1.5.1
libminc: 1.5.1
netcdf : "3.6.2" of Sep 24 2009 17:09:40 $

The MAX_NC_OPEN problem is a known issue that was fixed a while back.
Also which versions of the minc2 packages are you using and from
where?

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)