[MINC-users] minctracc error

Claude LEPAGE claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 22 17:21:11 EST 2010

Hi Anthonin,

> I am currently experiencing issues with minctracc which crashes and outputs
> this error:
> *Error in /usr/local/bic/bin/minctracc in file init_params.c, line 593
> Cannot calculate the COG or COV of volume 1.*
>
> infos:
> *a)* The two volumes I am trying to align are 2D sections (written as 3D
> volumes  z->length = 1).
> *Source:*
> image dimensions: xspace yspace zspace
>     dimension name         length         step        start
>     --------------         ------         ----        -----
>     xspace                   6720       0.0016       1.9464
>     yspace                   8544       0.0016       6.6568
>     zspace                1          0.1            0
>
> *Target:*
> dimension name         length         step        start
>     --------------         ------         ----        -----
>     xspace                   7520       0.0016       1.0248
>     yspace                   8128       0.0016       7.3224
>     zspace                      1          0.1            0

I work with histology slices that are about 13000x11000. I developed
very cost-efficient scripts for 2-D linear and non-linear registration.
The registration is hierarchical - starting at low res (around 1mm)
then gradually moving to full resolution. Maybe I bypass the initial
bug of COV by downsampling, but it's the overall procedure that is
important. There is no need to create slabs with several identical
slices. That's cumbersome and slow.

I am also using mni_autoreg-0.99.6. Make sure you use this version. It
does all calculations in double precision and it also fixes a bug in
"offsets" that is critical in 2-D.

Come and see me if you want to use my scripts.

Claude