[MINC-users] Building minc 2.0.18 on Slackware 13.0

Tasso tasso.zoidis at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 09:11:24 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to build a minc2 version 2.0.18 installation package for
Slackware 13..0 because my roommate, who studies at McGill University
doing his PhD to become an orthophonist, will need minc2nii for his
research. I'm building him a laptop with all the software he will
need, like audacity, or praat. I have successfully installed hdf5
version 1.8.4 patch 1 and netcdf version 4.0.1. So when I run my build
script, I get the following error:

configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-minc2

This is the ./configure section of my script:

./configure \
 --prefix=/usr \
 --mandir=/usr/man \
 --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
 --docdir=/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION \
 --localstatedir=/var \
 --sysconfdir=/etc \
 --includedir=/usr/local/include \
 --bindir=/usr/bin \
 --sbindir=/sbin \
 --with-build-path=/usr/local \
 --enable-minc2 \
--enable-static \
 --disable-shared \
 --build=$ARCH-slackware-linux

I would like to know if there is something I aint doing right... If
you need the complete source to the .SlackBuild script I can supply it
no problem.

Thanks,
Tasso