[MINC-users] "Not a netCDF file" error

Vladimir Fonov vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 22:53:15 EDT 2010

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Lisa F. Akiyama <lrisa87 at uw.edu> wrote:
> I recently installed MINC.
> (used mni-2006-11-15.tar.gz from http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/cygwin/)
>
> I can get outputs using the "man" commands, e.g. *man mincinfo*.
> However, when I try to run a certain tool like
>
>> *mincinfo -image_info /usr/local/mni/data/ABC.mnc*
>
> I get the follwing output:
>
>> *ncopen: filename "/usr/local/mni/data/ABC.mnc": Not a netCDF file*
>
> *miopen: MINC package entry point*
>

> Does anyone know the solution to this issue?

This looks like you've got minc2 file , and the library that you
installed supports only minc1.

The easy way to check is to use file command, minc1 will be of type
"NetCDF Data Format data" and minc2 will show "Hierarchical Data
Format (version 5) data". You can convert between formats using
mincconvert command.

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir S. Fonov ~ v.s.fonov <@> ilmarin.info