[MINC-users] MINC and supporting HDF5 1.8.x

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 07:27:53 EST 2009

Hi Sean,

Sorry for the delay with this reply but you set me to porting MINC to
HDF 1.8.x ..

> There have been many posts on this list about the fact that MINC
> requires HDF5 1.6.x not 1.8.x.  Is this still so?  If so, will it be
> rectified?

Yes it is still the case. I don't know what you mean by rectified, the
1.6.x release will still be good for some time yet. But yes in time
we/I will port MINC to 1.8.x (like right now! :)

> So what's the status of MINC and HDF5 1.8?

Well after a few hours (mainly reading the spec to see what changed) I
have a working version of MINC:

spencer:minc$ mincmath -version
program: 2.0.19
libminc: 2.0.19
netcdf : "3.6.2" of Sep 24 2009 17:09:40 $
HDF5   : 1.8.4

I need to do more testing but so far all the unit tests I have are
flawless. If you are interested I could send you a unified diff to the
current CVS HEAD of MINC of my changes but I won't be committing them
to CVS anytime soon because I haven't had enough time to test it
properly yet.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)