[MINC-users] functional connectivity problem with alternating slice pattern (Keith's way)

Penhune Lab penhunelab at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 13:47:28 EDT 2009

Hello all, I have been trying to implement a functional connectivity
analysis (direct FC and stimulus modulated - what Keith called "effective
connectivity") and I wondered if someone might have some insights into my
problem: the mag_t.mnc files resulting from the analysis appear to have an
alternating slice pattern.

I have already conducted simple model-based fmrilm analyses on this data set
and do not see this same alternating slice pattern in them. I acquired at a
resolution of 4mm^3 (interleaved ascending*) *on the BIC 3T. From what I can
tell, the issue arises because of the interleaved ascending slicetimes. If I
change the slicetimes from interleaved ascending to ascending the
alternating pattern disappears.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Chris
--
Laboratory for Motor Learning and Neural Plasticity
Directed by Dr. Virginia Penhune